Bath time (or Bath, Bath, Bath as we call it in our house) we realized early on was essential to creating a routine with Mason and signaling bedtime which ultimately led to sleeping through the night.
Bath time starts out as a harrowing and daunting task with a newborn that can't even hold up their own head. Thankfully we found an infant tub with a sling type apparatus that allowed Mason to just sort of lounge during his bath and made our lives so much easier.
The sling tub lasted for months and was amazing, when Mason started to grow out of it around 7 months old and also started to sit up we moved to the Munckin blow-up Duck tub which we had a love-hate relationship with. We loved that it only took a few minutes to fill up and was padded on all sides but Mason could not keep his cool around this bright yellow thing. He attacked the head, constantly kicked, and was always trying to catapult out of the back of it. We were elbow deep in this thing just trying to keep him from injuring himself.
Then, at around 11 months old, we graduated to the regular bath tub and it was an incredibly calming experience. He was not as distracted as he was with the duck bath and just hung out, played with a few toys, and splashed a little here and there. For the first time, bath time was not stressful for either of us...I just wished we put him in the regular bath sooner...
At now 14 months were are teaching him (daily) not to stand up while in the big boy bathtub but with the addition of about a thousand toys we are managing...
My must-haves for bath time:
- 0-7 months or longer - Summer Infant Tub - this was AMAZING!
- Washcloth Mitt - one that you put your hand through - makes life so much easier!
- Johnson's Baby Bedtime Bubble Bath & Wash - great Lavendar scent helps baby fall fast asleep
- Honest Company Shampoo & Body Wash - love the smell and love that we can use it as a body wash and shampoo, never dried out Mason's skin and is great for adults too!
- Skiphop Bath Kneeler & Elbow Rest - some of the best money we ever spent.
- Oversized Bathmat - now that he is in the big boy bath helps him not to slip and slide all over the place
- Shampoo Rinser - any will do - we have this one from Munchkin
- Hooded Bath towel(s) - Love the oversized ones that will last for years
- Toys!!! Mason loves this tugboat from Green Toys and of course the squirt toys like these
- Toy Catcher - I love this one from Munchkin that also works as a scoop!